Rachel B. Mersky
BANKRUPTCY LAW + COMMERCIAL & CORPORATE LITIGATION
Rachel Mersky has been an attorney with Monzack Mersky Browder and Hochman, P.A. for more than 32 years. Her practice concentrates on Commercial Bankruptcy, Business Litigation, and Civil Litigation. She specializes in representing a wide array of creditors including developers and landlords, officers and directors, former employees, general trade creditors and parties seeking to acquire assets. She also has served as counsel to clients serving on Creditor Committees as well as representing Creditors Committees as local counsel. In her role as counsel to Liquidating Trusts she has pursued a wide range of adversary actions including preferential and fraudulent transfer claims. She also regularly represents creditors defending preference and fraudulent transfer claims Rachel has an extensive knowledge of shopping center law and frequently advises the firm’s national and local shopping center clients with regard to bankruptcy, leasing, and management issues and also negotiates leases and purchase agreements on their behalf.
Before joining the firm, Rachel was a Deputy Attorney General for the State of Delaware, focusing on labor and employment, governmental affairs and criminal matters.
- Acadia Realty Trust
- Acadia Strategic Opportunity Fund
- Benderson Development
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Cafaro Northwest Partnership
- City of Baxter Springs, KS
- Fedders Liquidating Trust (Creditors’ Committee)
- Gottbetter Capitol Finance
- Kerry K. Killinger (former CEO, Washington Mutual)
- Kimco Realty Corporation
- Meadowcraft, Inc. (Creditors’ Committee)
- Park Cattle Company
- People’s Capital and Leasing Corp.
- Samson Resources Company
- TD Bank, N.A. (Formerly Commerce Bank)
- Swan Transportation (Tort Claimants Creditors’ Committee)
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.
Involvement in Major Bankruptcy Cases
- AES Thames, LLC
- Alabama Aircraft
- American Home Mortgage
- Buffet Holdings, Inc.
- Carolina Fluids
- Chef Solutions
- Coach Am Group Holdings
- Conex Holdings, LLC
- Fleming Companies
- Fluid Routing Solutions
- Fedders North America, Inc.
- Flying J, Inc.
- Friendly Ice Cream Corp.
- Goody’s Family Clothing, Inc.
- Hancock Fabrics
- IT Group
- KB Toys, Inc.
- Intergrated Health Services, Inc.
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Services Corp.
- Linens and Things
- Magna Entertainment Corp.
- Mariner Health Group, Inc.
- Meadowcraft, Inc.
- Mervyn’s Holdings, LLC
- Montgomery Wards
- New Century
- Nortel Networks
- Pemco World Air Services, Inc.
- Perkins and Marie Callender, Inc.
- Pure Beauty
- Ritz Camera
- SemCrude, L.P.
- Swan Transportation
- Trade Secrets
- Tropicana Entertainment, LLC
- Ultimate Acquisitions
- US Concrete
- Washington Mutual
- W.R. Grace
- Delaware, 1981
- United States District Court, District of Delaware, 1982
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1994
- United States Tax Court, 1993
- University of Delaware (B.A., 1978)
- Gonzaga University (J.D. 1981)
- Order of Barristers
- Jessup Cup International Law Moot Court
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Delaware Commission for Women (1983-1986)
- International Council of Shopping Centers
1201 North Orange Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Send Us A Message
Established in 1971, Monzack Mersky Browder and Hochman, P.A. is a full service business law firm, primarily focused on Business Transactions, Bankruptcy and Restructuring, Taxation, Estate Planning and Corporate and Commercial Litigation. The firm also represents lenders and borrowers in loan workouts and related transactions.